A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Announces Memorial Day “Click it or Ticket” Enforcement Results
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted during the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from May 15 through May 29 in order to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
Because of the additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted an additional 97 traffic stops
- Issued an additional 76 traffic citations
- 35 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 17 citations for seatbelt violation
- 15 citations for speeding
- 6 citations for other moving violations and equipment
- 3 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- One subject was arrested for driving while license revoked
- One subject was arrested for being wanted on a warrant
- Two subjects were issued adjudication citations for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia
Part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns, this recent traffic enforcement operation was made possible by federal highway safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.