From the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office:
Sheriff’s Office Police Explorer Post 056 – Taking Applications
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for our Police Explorer Post.
Young men and women aged 14 to 20 are encouraged to apply to participate in the nationally recognized program.
Youths interested in the careers of public service or law enforcement are encouraged to apply.
This program is developed and run in accordance with the Boy Scouts of America. Applicants
– Be 14 years old (and completed eighth grade) or be 15 through 20 years old
– Reside within the County of McHenry
– Be a student in good academic standing and a citizen of good moral character
– Successfully complete an application, the application process, and a background check
– Be able to attend bi-monthly meetings and various other trainings, outings and events
– Desire to learn more about themselves, others, leaderships, public service, and police procedures
Explorer participants will learn about personal character, leadership, common police procedures, and experience firsthand various services provided to the community with the men and women
of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office.
Applications can be downloaded from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office webpage at
www.mchenrysheriff.org or picked up from the Sheriff’s Office front office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Applications must be postmarked or submitted in person to the Sheriff’s Office by Friday, September 28, 2018.
Anyone with questions can contact Deputy Tim Creighton (815) 334-2068 or email by