McHenry County Blog printed the press release about McHenry County Assistant State’s Attorney Robert Zalud has been elected by the 22nd Judicial Circuit Court Judges to fill the Associate Court judicial vacancy.
Now, let’s look at the competition.
This is a post for which nineteen lawyers applied, including former County Board member Joe Gottemoller and former McHenry County Clerk and Circuit Court candidate Mary McClellan applied.
Here are those who applied:
- William J Bligh
- Steven W. Jaenicki
- Dawn M. Roth
- Jeanette M. Schwemler
- Jeffrey J. Altman (Donahue and Walsh)
- Kevin A. Chzanowski (Zukowski, Rogers, Flood and McArdle)
- Michael G. Cortina (SmithAmundsen)
- Michael J. Fleck (head of his own law firm)
- Joseph Gottemoller (head of his own law firm)
- Nicholas Johnson (Querrey and Harrow)
- Thomas J. Kasper (Mohr, Sullivan and Kasper)
- Cynthia D. Lamb (Campion, Curran, Lamb and Cunabaugh)
- Hans A. Mast (Compton Law Group)
- Mary E. McClellan (County Clerk when applied, associate with Com Ed)
- Cynthia A. Schaupp (Walker Wilcox Matousek and Special Attorney General)
- Thomas B. Spencer (Roth and Melei)
Assistant State’s Attorneys
- Sharyl D. Eisenstein
- Scott J. Jacobson
- Robert J. Zalud
It has been twelve years since an Assistant State’s Attorney has been named to the bench,
His name is Rob Beaderstadt. He retired in 2015.