A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Super Bowl Weekend Crackdown to Save Lives
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently completed participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the Super Bowl Weekend. Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from February 1st through February 3rd to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
As a result of these additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 29 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 25 additional traffic citations which included:
- 10 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 14 citations for speeding
- 1 citation for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 6 warnings for moving violations and equipment violations were also issued
This recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide in “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns.