Reprinted from Illinois Leaks with its permission:
Algonquin Township: “Feelings”
Meeting after meeting, for the most part of last year, she had talked about her “feelings” instead of what the laws of the state say.
- “I feel we shouldn’t pay this”
- “It feels like dirty money”
- “I feel there is no legitimate purpose”
- “I feel like this is a waste of time”
- “I feel the lawyer is taking advantage of us”
- “I don’t feel that these are necessary”
- “I will never vote to pay another Hanlon bill”
- any many more…
The point we are trying to make in this article is that personal feelings should not play a part in township governance, instead, they should look towards the statutes for guidance.
In light of this, we decided to put it to music, enjoy: