Illinois Conservatives PAC to oppose Oberweis with over $710K media advertising
On Saturday afternoon, a Federal Election Commission (FEC) filing was posted indicating an Independent Expenditure (IE) from the nearly formed Illinois Conversatives Federal PAC will launch over $710K in media advertising in the final days before the March 17 Republican primary.
Additionally, five of the seven Republican candidates have raised money at the level to require an FEC Form 6 filing.
The Form 6 filing is similar to the Illinois State Board of Elections A-1 form.
For the FEC, within 21 days of the election, if a candidate receives a contribution, or takes a loan of over $1,000, the Form 6 must be filed within 48 hours.
Additionally, IEs must file a Form 24 for significant expenditure to support or oppose a candidate.
Before looking at financial activity after February 26, the final Form 3 Pre-Primary report was filed, so the final list of financial activity is as follows:
Given the above table shows where the candidates were at financially through February 26, below will be the receipts, IEs and loans candidates have taken since February 26. Cycle to date numbers and Cash on Hand are not listed.
The larger numbers are broken out as follows:
- Jim Oberweis Opposition by IE
- $710,100 from Illinois Conservatives Federal PAC 3/2020
- $30,922 from New Prosperity Foundation
- Sue Rezin
- Receipts include a $100,000 loan from herself to her campaign
- Opposition by IE in two equal amounts from New Prosperity Foundation to be spent in the next nine days
- Ted Gradel receipts include a $60,000 contribution to himself (individual candidates are not limited by the $2,800 contribution limit individual donors are)
- Catalina Lauf, all of her nearly $15K is from donors, and she has raised at least a little over $97K since the first of the year, not counting small dollar contributions since February 26
Small dollar, defined as less than $1,000 in this context, are not included in the post February 26 receipts.
The Illinois Conservatives Federal PAC was created this past Monday through a Form 1, Statement of Organization filing with the FEC.
McHenry County Blog will continue to track the FEC website for any more Form 6 or Form 24 filings of the candidates, or IEs.