Former State Representative Mike Tryon is again scheduled to be the lobbyist for the Village of Algonquin.
The proposed contract, to be consideed on January 19, 2021, is below:
Legislative Representation Agreement Tryon Governmental Consulting
This Agreement is entered into this date by and between Tryon Govemmental Consulting, Inc. (hereinafter “Lobbyist”), doing business at 4310-GCrystal Lake Road, and Village of Algonquin (hereinafter “Village”) with offices at 2200 Harnish Dr. Algonquin, Il 60012 Based upon the mutual promises contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the parties identified above, intending to be bound hereby, enter into the following Agreement.
1. Services The Lobbyist shall provide government relations and public affairs consulting services to the Village including all activities normally associated with state legislative lobbying, as specifically authorized by the Village after consultation with the Village Manager, Village President, Public Works Director and other appropriate staff members. Services include but are not limited to working with State of Illinois Officials to review the Capitol Plan of the Village and its :financial in1pact on Village constituencies: briefmg the Governor’s office; representation at legislative hearings; advocacy to certain legislators, regulators and their staffs on the Village Capitol Plan. Give timely reports to the Village on the progress of a statewide capitol bill and its impact on the Village.
2. Term of Agreement This Agreement shall take effect on January 1, 2021 and shall expire 30 days after the last day of the l02st General Assembly anticipated to be the second Wednesday of January 202J.
3. Lobbyist Fee The Lobbyist shall be paid a fee for the above enumerated services. The Lobbyist’s fee shall be $3,000 per month (“Monthly Fee”) for each month during the Term of the Agreement. The Monthly Fee shall be billed at the end of each month. The Monthly Fee shall cover all services of the Lobbyist(s) incurred for work on behalf of the Village.
4. Expenses The Lobbyist shall be responsible for all expenses incuned except for mileage and travel expenses when traveling beyond a 25 mile radius of the Village, mileage will be billed at a rate of 50 cents per mile and travel expenses at cost.
5. Personal Services The services to be performed by the Lobbyist(s) will be perfo1med personally by Michael Tryon and/or Pamela Althoff (“Lobbyist Principals”) and not by any other individual, unless approved by the Village.
6. Lobbyist Registration The Lobbyist and Lobbyist Principals each will register with the Secretary of State office and other required entities as a lobbyist for the Village. as soon as their activities for’I’he Village constitute “lobbying” under the Illinois Revised Statutes.
7. Non-Exclusive This Agreement is for the non-exclusive use of the Lobbyist’s services. Nothing contained herein shall prevent the Lobbyist from contracting to provide lobbying or other services to other clients on a non-exclusive basis, the Lobbyist shall use their best efforts to identify to the Village any potential conflicts of interest that may arise. Should a conflict of interest arise between the Lobbyist and any other potential client, the Village may either terminate this Agreement or request the Lobbyist not to contract with the potential client.
8. Practice of Law The Lobbyist is retained by the Village for the purpose of consultation, advice and lobbying advocacy on legislative and regulatory issues as they arise in the pursuit of capitol appropriations and as authorized by the Village. The Lobbyist is specifically not retained to provide legal advice to the Village and the Lobbyist shall not be required to perfo11n any additional activity for the Village which constitutes the practice of Jaw.
9. Entire Agreement This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all other Agreements, negotiations or discussions. This Agreement may be altered only by a written document signed by the parties to this Agreement. Upon a 30 day written notice this Agreement may be cancelled by either party.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties have entered into and consununated this agreement on this date:
Michael W. Tryon, President Tryon Governmental Consulting , ________, Date
Village of Algonquin _________ , Date ___
Tim Schloneger, Village Manager Village of Algonquin