The hot contest in the Nunda Township was for Highway Commissioner.
Facing off for the second time was challenger Eric Dowd against incumbent Mike Lesperance.
Dowd had more mailings, but Lesperance must have built up a base of support over his years in office to offset Dowd’s postal onslaught.
The election returns for Road Commissioner are below:
The other contested election was for Township Trustee.
Six candidates were running for four slots.
The Township Board consists of five members–the four Trustees and the Supervisor.
The incumbent coalition consisted of
- Karen Tynis (an elected incumbent)
- Justin Franzke (unsuccessful 2017 Assessor candidate, appointed to replace Ed Dvorak, who resigned early on)
- Mark Daniel, prominent Republican Precinct Committeeman
- Robert Koidahl about whom I know nothing
They faced off against a team of three, which included
- Rob Parrish, incumbent who narrowly lost a Road Commissioner race against Lesperance two elections ago
- Tim Parrish, incumbent
- Johanna Donahue, President of the Crystal Lake Service League
What might be characterized as the “Parrish team” emerged victorious, along with Tynis, as the following results show:
The other Nunda Township candidates ran unopposed and are as good as elected, because Democrats filed no candidates in opposition.
- Supervisor – Leda Bobera-Drain
- Clerk – Joni Smith
- Assessor – Mark Dzemske