From the Harvard Police Department:
HIT AND RUN PROPERTY DAMAGE ACCIDENT / FLEEING AND ELUDING A POLICE OFFICER / OBSTRUCTING A PEACE OFFICER
On 04-13-21 at 2049 hrs, Police responded to the 700 blk W McKinley
St regarding a hit and run property damage accident.
It was reported a vehicle had struck an unoccupied parked vehicle and left the scene.
Upon arrival on scene the victim report reported and pointed to the offending vehicle which had returned to the area.
Officers attempted to make a traffic stop on the vehicle and the driver failed to stop and fled the scene again.
Several blocks away the driver lost control of the 2008 Chevrolet he was driving and crashed into a telephone pole at the intersection of 2nd St and Burbank St.
Upon striking the pole it caused the electrical wires to come down and a transformer to start on fire.
The driver then fled the scene on foot.
After a short foot pursuit the driver Frank A Hernandez (m-30 yoa), 14411 Kishwaukee Valley Rd, Woodstock was arrested and issued a citation for
- Leave the Scene of Accident Involving Damage to Unattended Vehicle,
- Failure to Signal when Turning,
- Fleeing and Attempting to Elude Police Officer in Motor Vehicle,
- Not Driving on the Right Side of the Road,
- Driving too Fast for Conditions,
- Operate Uninsured Motor Vehicle,
- Failure to Report Accident to Police
- Unlawful Possession of Cannabis – Driver.
- Obstructing a Peace Officer.
Hernandez was released with a court date of 05-19-21 at 1330 hrs.