Lakewood Village President Phil Stephan, who lost his re-election bid 4-1 on election day, raised $5,250 for his slate of candidates.
Looking at the contributors to the PAC called “A Better Lakewood” one finds the following:
- Oasis on 176 & 47, Inc., Elgin – $500
- Realtor Political Action Committee, Springfield – $1,000
- Icon Building Group, LLC , Algonquin- $500
- Kristen Realty, St. Charles – $950
- Obertech, Inc., Naperville – $900
- Michael Smoron, Lakewood – $500
- Mixed Media, Cary – $300 in-kind contribution for digital billboard advertising
- Unidentified – $600 (combined donations of $150 or less)
The only contributor with whom Lakewood residents will be familiar is Village Attorney Michael Smoren.
One can assume that some or all of the others are related to the gas station planned for the the intersection of Routes 47 and 176.
Strangely, no expenditures are reported before March 31st. the end of the three-month reporting period.
Election results follow: