From the McHenry County State’s Attorney:
MCHENRY COUNTY STATE’S ATTORNEY’S OFFICE HAS SAVED TAXPAYERS OVER $4 MILLION OVER THE LAST SIX YEARS
Recently the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office presented its budget to the McHenry County Law and Government Committee. Watch at https://pub-countyofmchenry.escribemeetings.com/Players/ISIStandAlonePlayer.aspx?Id=41573dd3-077a-4b90-b61d-b7c26d558814 (begins at around the 4 minute mark).
As the McHenry County Government ramps up its budget process, it is worth reflecting on the savings the State’s Attorney’s Office has intentionally pursued over the last six years by having cut its budget by more than 12%.
- Saved approximately $2,465,000 in payroll funds by minimizing SAO staff over the past 6 years
- Saved approximately $1,500,000 by transition of all labor related law matters in-house instead of paying private attorney’s charging hourly fees
- Awarded $787,000 in grant funds toward the SAO Payroll
- Saved over $90,000 by bringing a grand jury court reporter in-house
- Saved over $75,000 by utilizing the SAO Asset Forfeiture Funds for criminal prosecutions and equipment expenses
- Saved over $8,000 by conducting in-house CLEs
The entire budget for the State’s Attorney’s Office in 2022 was approximately $3.1 million.