From the Harvard Police:
AGGRAVATED FLEEING AND ELUDING A PEACE OFFICER
On 08-13-22 at 1928 hrs, Officers attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a 2011 Chevrolet at the intersection of Airport Rd and Marengo Rd for a registration violation.
The vehicle fled from police south on Rt 14 committing several other traffic violations.
Officers terminated the pursuit near the intersection of Rt 14 and Hawthorn St.
At approximately 2151 hrs, Officer located the same vehicle parked unoccupied at the Baymont Hotel, 1701 S Division St.
Officers checked the hotel and the driver, Joe R Liggins (m-30 yoa), 3417 Wilbarger Rd, Dallas, Texas was taken into custody.
Liggins was issued
- two citations for Disobeying a Traffic Control Device, and
- one citation for Improper Display of Registration,
- Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Peace Officer,
- Speeding 35+ Over Limit,
- Not Driving on the Right Side of a 2 Lane Road,
- Operating an Uninsured Vehicle,
- No Valid Driver’s License, and
- Driving with Expired License Plates.
Liggins was criminally charged with two counts of Aggravated Fleeing and Eluding a Peace Officer.
Liggins was transported to the McHenry County Jail in lieu of bond.