On September 20, 2022, McHenry County Blog revealed that top officials of McHenry County College had undergone training for
- expanding diversity,
- belongingness, and
and found it desirable for all faculty and every other employee to be subjected to the same 8-hour indoctrination.
Petitions to run for the college board are now available at the college. Three seats are up, one for six years, one for four years and one for two years. It takes fifty signatures to get on the ballot, but I recommend obtaining one hundred.
Up this year are
- Trustee: Suzanne Hoban; Diane Evertsen; Carlos Arevalo
- Terms for April Election: 4 year; 6 year; 2 year (last two years of four-year seat)
Below is the outline of the presentation to be made to MCC faculty on November 29, 2022 . by Systemic Education Equity, LLC.:
Understanding Implicit Bias: Part 1 and Part 2
- Increase awareness surrounding bias
- Engage in structural conversation about implicit bias
- Cultivate deeper insight into the complexities of bias
- Examine theperpetuation of specific biases in society