When Jack Franks was running for re-election in 2016 (before he dropped out to run for McHenry County Board Chairman), an identified Democrat filed for State Representative in the Republican Primary Election to run against Steve Reick.
House Speaker Mike Madigan had used the same tactic to eliminate fall competition over the years in his district.
In the same time frame House Speaker Mike Madigan was doing something similar.
A Latino candidate named Jason Gonzales filed against Madigan in the Democratic Primary Election in 2016.
Two other candidates with Hispanic last names also filed.
Gonzales filed suit against Madigan and lots of others including Shaw Decremer in Federal Court.
The Chicago Sun-Timns wrote a long story about the suit on Monday.
It sounds so much like the candidacy of Jeff Litche in the Republican Party Primary against Steve Reick.
Had Litche beaten Reick, Jack Franks would have seen as much of candidate Jeff Litche’s GOP candidacy as Reick saw of the candidate in the primary.
No, that’s wrong.
Litche might have shown up as Jack Franks’ parade driver as he did in previous years.
Madigan’s possible defense is that Gonzales was a Re;publican “mole.”
Since the evidence that Litche was a solid Franks supporter, proving that he was a “mole” would be no trouble at all.
Here’s more evidence:
- 11-30-15 Mike Madigan Political Strategy in Jack Franks’ District
- 11-30-15 Franks’ Phantom GOP Candidate Strategy Thwarted, Reick Running Again
- 12-2-15 All Petition Passers for Steve Reick Sham GOP Primary Opponent, Except the Candidate, from Outside McHenry County, including Chicago
- 12-3-15 Franks Sign in Front of Fake Republican Candidate Jeff Lichte’s Home
- 12-3-15 Capitol Fax Picks Up Fake GOP St. Rep. Candidate Story
- 12-6-15 Sandra Salgado: Republican Party “Behind Steve Reick 100%,” GOP Primary Opponent Backs Jack Franks
- 12-7-15 Steve Reick’s State Rep. Petitions Challenged
- 12-28-15 Steve Reick Weighs In on Jack Frank’s Fake GOP Primary Opponent
- 1-4-16 Franks Not Serious Enough about Government Consolidation to Attend Half of Meetings
- 1-7-16 The Jeff Lichte Ploy to Save Jack Franks from Fall Competition
- 1-8-16 Next Hearing on Jack Franks’ Ally’s Objection to Steve Reick’s Petition
- 1-11-16 League of Women Voters Plays into Jack Franks’ Hand
- 1-15-16 Steve Reick’s GOP Opponent on Jack Franks’ Fundraising Host Committee