A press release from the McHenry County Health Department:
No-cost Tire Recycling Event, Sat., June 16th
County residents must pre-register for June 16th event
WOODSTOCK IL – McHenry County Department of Health (MCDH) and McHenry County Division of Transportation are providing a no-charge tire recycling event for pre-registered McHenry County residents.
On Saturday, June 16, pre-registered participants may drop off tires from 8 am – Noon at the McHenry County Division of Transportation 16111 Nelson Road, Woodstock Illinois.
The following event restrictions apply:
- Pre-registration is required by contacting the Division of Environmental Health at 815-334-4585. You will need to provide the number and type of tires you plan to bring to the event.
- Only tires from McHenry County residents will be accepted.
- Tires must be removed from the metal rim and free of water, mud and other debris.
- Tires accepted are limited to: light truck, passenger and smaller sized tires.
- The number of tires per participant may be limited by the Department.
- Tires from commercial businesses will not be accepted.
- Other types of recyclable materials or waste will not be collected at this event.
Grant funding for this tire recycling event is provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health via the Vector Surveillance and Control Grant.
Tires will be recycled by Liberty Tire Recycling.
Please note: funding is limited.If the maximum number of tires allowed by the grant funding is reached, the Department may close pre-registration.
Visit the Department’s website www.mcdh.info to view the event flyer or contact the Division of Environmental Health at 815-334-4585.