On August 23rd, Judge Costello will hold a hearing on McHenry County Clerk candidate Joe Tirio’s suit against the so-called “Illinois Integrity Fund.”
This is the group that sent scurrilous mailings against Tirio and six Republican Party County Board candidates up for election who were most active in opposing Board Chairman Jack Franks’ patronage hires and other pet projects.
It is not an understatement to say that Jack Franks’ supporters tried to disrupt the Republican Party Primary Election
It’s a different version of running an invisible candidate, his parade driver Jeff Litche, in 2016 against the real Republican candidate Steve Reick.
(Here’s a sample of the over $50,000 or so allies of Jack Franks spent for direct mail, robo-calls, and radio ads the week before the election in an attempt to give Jack Franks no real GOP opponent when he ran for re-election as State Rep. Franks was following Mike Madigan’s example. And, yes, Franks was running for re-election two years ago before he decided to run for County Board Chairman.)
Now Jack Franks cat’x paw Ronald Eck has filed Illinois State Board of Elections’ complaints against Joe Tirio and the Republican Party concerning the financing of the suit eing heard on August 23rd.
That is so reminiscent of the way Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel pulls projects out of the hat when the street murder issue gets hot.
Eck is the same one who filed complaints against Mike Walkup, Jack Franks’ Republican Party opponent last year.
Carpenters Union official Eck has lent his name to Jack Franks Host Committee and filed the complaint against Steve Reick’s petitions when he was running against Jack Franks for State Representative in 2016.
Links to previous articles on the dirty tricsk:
- 11-30-15 Mike Madigan Political Strategy in Jack Franks’ District
- 11-30-15 Franks’ Phantom GOP Candidate Strategy Thwarted, Reick Running Again
- 12-2-15 All Petition Passers for Steve Reick Sham GOP Primary Opponent, Except the Candidate, from Outside McHenry County, including Chicago
- 12-3-15 Franks Sign in Front of Fake Republican Candidate Jeff Lichte’s Home
- 12-3-15 Capitol Fax Picks Up Fake GOP St. Rep. Candidate Story
- 12-6-15 Sandra Salgado: Republican Party “Behind Steve Reick 100%,” GOP Primary Opponent Backs Jack Franks
- 12-7-15 Steve Reick’s State Rep. Petitions Challenged
- 12-28-15 Steve Reick Weighs In on Jack Frank’s Fake GOP Primary Opponent
- 1-4-16 Franks Not Serious Enough about Government Consolidation to Attend Half of Meetings
- 1-7-16 The Jeff Lichte Ploy to Save Jack Franks from Fall Competition
- 1-8-16 Next Hearing on Jack Franks’ Ally’s Objection to Steve Reick’s Petition
- 1-11-16 League of Women Voters Plays into Jack Franks’ Hand
- 1-15-16 Steve Reick’s GOP Opponent on Jack Franks’ Fundraising Host Committee