A loyal reader from Algonquin noted my interest in the Crystal Lake Park District’s selling the skyline of Ken Bird Park for $2,000 a month and the health concerns of some residents.
And he took a picture of the warning sign.
The warnings seemed aimed at workers. They say,
GUIDELINES FOR WORKING IN
- All personnel should have electromagnetic energy (EME) awareness training.
- All personnel entering this site must be authorized.
- Obey all posted signs.
- Assume all antennas are active.
- Before working on antennas, notify owners and disable appropriate transmitters.
- Maintain minimum 3 feet clearance from all antennas.
- Do not stop in front of antennas.
- Use personal RF monitors while working near antennas.
- Never operate transmitters without shields during normal operation.
- Do not operate base station antennas in equipment room.
Instead of little dot points, there are triangles in front of each warning.
Of course, kids won’t be inside the fence or climbing on the “stealth flag pole.”
But, working on a cell tower sounds like a dangerous job, doesn’t it?