State Rep. Kent Gaffney, appointed to replace Mark Beaubien, the man he did budget work form has sent a press release revealing those in the local political arena who have endorsed his candidacy.
This follows by two days his opponent Dave McSweeney’s release of survey results exclusively to Rich Miller’s Capitol Fax.
Rep. Gaffney Endorsed by 30 Local Leaders
Fox River Grove, IL – State Representative Kent Gaffney (R-Lake Barrington) has been endorsed by 30 local leaders from all four counties in the 52nd House District.
Gaffney is seeking the Republican nomination for State Representative in the new 52nd District, which includes portions of Cook, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties. Representative Gaffney succeeded the late Representative Mark Beaubien. Gaffney has spent years fighting against the Blagojevich/Quinn tax-and-spend policies.
Representative Gaffney thanked the local leaders for their support and pledged to work with them to restore accountability to state government.
“I am humbled to have received the endorsements of so many of our local officials,” Gaffney said.
“I thank them for their support of my candidacy for State Representative. To get Illinois on the right track, it will take knowledgeable leadership, fiscal responsibility and a lot of hard work. Together, we can reform state government and make it accountable to the taxpayers.”
Representative Kent Gaffney has been endorsed by the following local leaders:
- Kenneth D. Koehler, McHenry County Board Chairman
- Phyllis K. Walters, McHenry County Recorder
- Robert “Bob” Bless, McHenry County Board District 1
- Anna May Miller, McHenry County Board District 1
- Tina Hill, McHenry County Board District 5
- Ersel Schuster, McHenry County Board District 6
- Lyn Orphal, Former McHenry County Board Member
- David Stolman, Lake County Board Chairman
- Robert Skidmore, Lake County Treasurer
- Roycealee J. Wood, Lake County Regional Superintendent of Schools
- Robert J. Miller, Algonquin Township Highway Commissioner
- Dan Shea, Trustee, Algonquin Township
- John Amrich, Trustee, Wauconda Township
- Eugene R. “Gene” Dawson, 8th Congressional Committeeman, Barrington Township Supervisor
- D. Robert Alberding, Barrington Township Clerk
- Rob Collins, Barrington Township Republican Precinct Captain; Precinct 11
- Michael Pogar, Barrington Township Republican Precinct Captain; Precinct 2
- David Nelson, Cuba Township Supervisor
- Rebecca Tonigan, Cuba Township Assessor
- Arthur Rice, Trustee, Cuba Township
- Robert J. Nunamaker, Village President, Fox River Grove
- Suzanne Blohm, Trustee, Fox River Grove
- Steven Knar, Trustee, Fox River Grove
- Robert Bragg, Trustee, Village of Cary
- Bruce Kaplan, Trustee, Village of Cary
- Karen Lukasik, Trustee, Village of Cary
- Lisa Behm, Trustee, Village of Prairie Grove
- Michael J. Rolfs, Trustee, Village of Tower Lakes
- Dr. Brian Sager, Mayor, City of Woodstock
- Ed Ritter, Village Board President, Carpentersville